- Putting stuff on your resume you can't support. Be prepared to give examples/descriptions/details of EVERYTHING you wrote on your resume. Its likely that we chose to interview because of some of those things, If you didn't do them, your probably out.
- Not being able to answer the 'strengths and weaknesses' questions. Yes it is a trite question, but we are going to ask it, so have an answer. If you can't answer that question, all it shows is that you are not prepared.
- Its not about you. We want to know what you did to help your former company and co-workers, not what you did to help yourself.
- Don't come in without doing some research on the company, the more the better, it shows you care.
- Don't badmouth former employers. We don't like to work with bitter people.
- Don't say stuff like my passion is [something not related to the position you are interviewing for]. We want people passionate about the job we are interviewing for.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Stupid Interview tricks
I've been doing a lot if interviews lately, and I have had the opportunity to see a lot of mistakes. Here are some of them.