- Event--> Dogs barking outside.
- Alert --> Dogs shouldn't be barking this early .
- Incident Created with service desk --> Dogs shouldn't be barking this early.
- Incident Troubleshooting Dog is outside the fence, Fence SLA violated ('5 Nines' Dog Containment)
- Incident Priority Critical.
- Transferred to Problem Management.
- Problem Management identifies a work around --> Put the the dog in the house.
- Problem Management communicate the work around to service desk to communicate to customer.
- Dog is put in the house.
- Since the Fence is a VBF and the SLA is being violated Problem Management convenes the ECAB
- Problem Management identifies the problem and suggests a solution --> Fix the section of the fence that dog breached.
- The ECAB Approves the change and transfers it the Technical Operations.
- Technical Operations fixes the problem.
- The Change is noted in the CMDB (My Wife).
- The Service Desk is notified, they notify the customer.
- The dog is let back out.
- During Post incident review by CSI, it's noted that fence inspection should happen more often.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Fixing my fence, the ITIL way
I just finished ITIL Foundations training, and wanted to detail how I fixed a fence problem this morning in ITIL Terms: